With over fifteen years experience working in publishing sales visiting clients across Scandinavia and the UK and know it can be a struggle to keep the lines of communication fresh with everyone.
I have been considering the various ways in which social media might benefit account/sales managers. Here a few suggestions.
- Each account manager should have a company branded blog of their own where their clients can benefit from news and developments relevant to their territory. This blog would be an extension of that personalised service the account manager delivers to their clients
- Categories of posts on the account manager’s blog should reflect the different solutions/products available
- Separate Twitter accounts can be set up to serve different sectors of the market, or can even be product/solution specific
- YouTube or Vimeo can be used to send out promotional or training videos and slideshows tailored to specific territories rather than the global marketing material available on the company’s main website
- Successful sales initiatives of account managers visible to their colleagues on a blog will encourage their implementation across territories
- Clients can be filmed giving positive testimonials and posted on the blog or YouTube channel. These can be shared among Account Mangers across all territories.
- Clients can be polled online about new developments etc
Perhaps you can think of some more ways that using social media might benefit account managers (not forgetting of course that Twitter and online forums can be an excellent source of market feedback and trends). Please feel free to make your suggestions in comments below.
You might also take a look at this excellent article on How Should Salespeople Use Social Media?
If you want to chat about running effective social media for your company get in touch.
To stay up to date with further posts on social media please subscribe